The Office of External Solutioning
I’ve been working on my Credo (This I believe) for Dungeon Mastering. You may or may not find this interesting:
- I like to add moments of cinematic action and visuals to my game for you to experience
- I generally skew towards a heroic story line with only minimal dabbling in shades of gray
- I want the world to be moving while you are away from certain locations so that if you return, the world feels like it has moved on
- I want your BBG to have motivations to do things
- I want your challenges to become harder as you go along to match your characters. Dangers increase.
- I want there to be risk of death and I worry about the real world social dynamics when it happens, but I think that it will be interesting when it happens. I’m hoping that it is taken fairly well by all of us. I certainly don’t relish killing characters, but I’m sure it will happen eventually.
- I like to try to do voices for my NPCs
- I like to write up insanely long emails with graphics and manage obisidian portal because it documents our collective adventure and keeps me stewing on fun additions to the game.